I have been fortunate to win a number of awards in a variety of competitive arenas throughout my culinary career, both as a professional and as an amateur. Having my efforts recognized by professional judges is an amazing feeling.
I am thrilled that all three of my cookbooks have been honored with distinguished book awards. It is so rewarding to have my hard work recognized in this manner by industry experts.
400 Sensational Cookies
- Cordon d’ Or – Gold Ribbon Academy of the Culinary Arts International Culinary Academy Awards – Cookbooks: Best Baking Book
- International Book Awards – Best Baking/Bread Cookbook
- International Book Awards – Best Dessert Cookbook
- Mom’s Choice Awards – Gold Medal Award – Cooking, Food & Wine Books
- National Best Books Awards – Best Baking/Bread Cookbook
- National Best Books Awards – Best Desserts Cookbook
- London Book Festival – Best Cookbook
- New York Book Festival – Best Cookbook
- Los Angeles Book Festival – Best Cookbook
- San Francisco Book Festival – Best Cookbook
175 Best Jams, Jellies, Marmalades & Other Soft Spreads
- Cordon d’ Or – Gold Ribbon Academy of the Culinary Arts International Culinary Academy Awards – Cookbooks: Best Entertaining Frivolities Book
- International Book Awards – Best Canning & Preserving Cookbook
- National Best Books Awards – Best Canning & Preserving Cookbook
Blue Ribbon Preserves: Secrets to Award-Winning Jams, Jellies, Marmalades & More
- International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) Cookbook Awards Finalist – First Book: The Julia Child Award
Grand Prize Winner – Mimi’s Meaningful Muffin Search
My tropical Pineapple Coconut Crumb Muffin recipe was chosen from nearly 1,600 entries as the Grand Prize Winner in the nationwide Mimi’s Meaningful Muffin Search contest sponsored by Mimi’s Café to celebrate the restaurant’s 30th birthday. My award-winning muffin was featured on the Mimi’s Café menu in all 144 restaurants across the United States for six weeks in the Fall of 2009. Mimi’s Café partnered with the charity Share Our Strength and $1 from the sale of each of my Pineapple Coconut Crumb Muffins, for a total of $40,000, was donated to Share Our Strength to help end childhood hunger in America. I am thrilled to have helped raise so large of a donation for such a worthwhile charity, which is a favorite of culinary professionals.
State and County Fair Competitor
During my over fifteen years of competing at fairs, I won over 900 awards, including over 600 blue ribbons and special awards for excellence in state and county fair food competitions, and earned national recognition for my food creations. I had a 50% first-place win ratio, with over half of my entries earning blue ribbons. In addition to numerous Best of Show, Best of Division and Best of Class awards, I also earned several Baked Foods Sweepstakes awards, was the Top Preserved Foods Competitor in California for five years and the Top Preserved Foods Competitor in the United States for two years.